Sequin Maxi Crop Top & Skirt Set (Under $70) from Forever 21 | Fur Coat was a Wedding Gift from MIL | Shoes by Steve Madden are Sold Out (Similar) | Louis Vuitton Croisette Damier Azur Canvas Purse | Hair & Makeup by Versy Picone of Vixen Salon | Photo by Tim & Glen Vigus of GT Studios Gallery
Hey y’all! I have been listening to your requests and so many of you have been asking about my updated skincare routine and my makeup favorites. Some of you are even asking for makeup tutorials, but I’ll be honest and say I’m no professional makeup artist. I still prefer to have my makeup done professionally. I will also be including my favorite places to get my makeup done as well. Get ready to sit back and enjoy, because this post is long but packed with lots of good information!
MY CURRENT SKINCARE REGIMENT
1. DO NOT SLEEP WITH YOUR MAKEUP ON. Let me start by saying I did not truly start putting a huge emphasis on skincare until I was 27 years old. I wish I had started sooner for sure. Even if you aren’t ready to take on a full skin care routine, my best advice is to always wash your face before bed. Sleeping in your makeup will age you! I don’t know if it’s true, but I’ve been told you age 13 days for every night that you sleep in your makeup. Even if you just get some makeup removal wipes, that’s so much better than falling asleep with your makeup on.
2. WEAR SUNSCREEN AND STAY OUT OF TANNING BEDS. I didn’t become a living psycho about this until the last year or two (just ask my husband if you think I’m being dramatic about the psycho part!) The sun can cause so much damage to your skin. I wear sun screen EVERY SINGLE DAY, even if I don’t plan on being outside. I wear a tinted sunscreen on the days that I don’t wear makeup, and I wear a non tinted sunscreen under my makeup the days that I wear it. I was recommended the Elta MD from Dr. Angeletta Brown’s Office and it is truly my favorite because it’s not oily. I keep both the tinted and the non tinted on hand (and I try my hardest to get Grant to wear the non tinted one!) With me being fair complected and having blonde hair and blue eyes, I want to do all I can to protect myself from skin cancer as well. I say no to tanning beds and only allow spray tans for the health of my skin.
3. FIND A SKINCARE LINE THAT WORKS FOR YOU. My preferred choice is ZO Skin Health Inc. by Dr. Zein Obagi. This was suggested to me by Kiki at Dr. Angeletta Brown’s Office. If you are near College Station, TX, I highly recommend making an appointment there and getting a skincare consultation by them. I went to them a few months before Grant and I got engaged because I knew he was the man I would marry. I knew getting my skin in great shape would take time and consistency, and I wanted to look my best on my wedding day. They got me on a 5 step morning and night routine that was customized for my skin needs. I still go to them and they adjust my skincare routine 1-2 times a year. I use the ZO cleaner, toner, melamin cream, the vita scrub and aknetrol for breakouts. If you make an appointment at Dr. Brown’s office, please let them know I sent you!
4. START INVESTING IN FACIALS. After we got married, I decided to give up my eyelash extensions. I wanted to put that money towards the long term health of my skin. I finally found a facial esthetician that I loved. Her name is Heather Cash and she is the owner of Aggieland Aesthetics located at CS Massage Clinic (by the Fox & Hound) on University Drive. She started doing customized corrective facials once a month for my current facial needs. If you follow me on my instagram stories, then you’ll know that I recently did my first ever professional micro needling with her before Thanksgiving. It definitely hurt, but the results and long term benefits were just too good not to endure 10 minutes of pain. She has recommended that I do this 4x a year to maintain the beautiful and glowing skin I am now seeing. My pore size is much smaller as well as my tone and texture more even. Even my fine lines around my eyes are more diminished. Heather offers micro needling package deals and has started doing corrective facials on so many of my friends and followers. You can contact her by sending her a DM on instagram or a message on the Aggieland Aesthetics Facebook Page. Please let her know that I sent you!
5. MAKE SERUMS YOUR FRIEND! Heather (my esthetician) also recommends serums for me to use at home that will continue to work the results she is looking to reach from my corrective facials as well as compliment my Obagi skincare. Besides the serums that Heather recommends (my favorite has been a growth factor serum that helps new cell production turnover faster), I also really enjoy using a simple snail repair serum (only $20) and the hydration serum by Rodan & Fields (that I purchase from my friend Lindly Caesar).
6. INVEST IN A CLARISONIC. I am now on my third clarisonic and this little tool helps get my face super duper clean. I can truly tell a difference because if I don’t have it and have to wash my face, my skin just feels dull. I have the pink Mia 2 and also sometimes use the makeup brush to put on my foundation if I’m not using liquid rather than a spray.
NOW LET’S TALK MAKEUP
I still prefer to have my makeup done professionally over doing it myself. My favorite makeup artists in College Station are Versy Picone of Vixen Salon and Leanna Duran of Naturally Flawless. I know I have quite a few followers in the Houston area, and my wedding glam crew was actually Hey Lovely Makeup out of Houston who came highly recommended from my wedding photographers Luke and Cat. You can read more about why I chose them as my wedding beauty squad here. I loved working with the owner Erica so very much! These 3 ladies are my absolute favorite when it comes to having my makeup professionally done!
As far as my own personal makeup routine, I actually only wear makeup a few times a week. Obviously for all my company photos and special events, but if it’s a work day where I’m getting caught up shipping in the warehouse, makeup is something I will skip. I like for my skin to be able to have some days to breathe without being weighed down with lots of makeup. Since I gave up my eyelash extensions, I started wearing Reign Lashes when I do put makeup on. I absolutely love them, and the owner is a Southern Jewlz customer of mine! Y’all know I love to support a small business ran by young women!
Here are my current favorite makeup products:
Pore Filler – I only started using this product a few months ago, but I put a little on after my primer and notice any evidence of pores is covered and filled and this only helps my makeup to go on as smooth as possible! It’s by NYX (super affordable brand that I love!) and is simply called Pore Filler.
Spray Foundation – Airflash by Christian Dior. I wear the 202 shade and love the pink undertones. This is my favorite foundation and I try to only use it for special occasions to make a bottle last as long as possible because it is one of my splurge worthy products.
Concealer – I choose the Make Up Forever Full Coverage Concealer available at Sephora for when I need full coverage. Most days you will catch me wearing Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand by NYX, which is under $5 at Ulta!
Eyebrow Pencil – The Brow Definer by Anastasia Beverly Hills is literally the best I have found. It helps to thicken my eyebrows, but looks natural and lasts so long. I purchase this at Ulta and I get the color blonde. One of my makeup artists had thought I had my eyebrows micro bladed because of how good they started to look in my photos from this pencil!
Eye & Cheek Palette – The Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Palette by Stila is one of my absolute favorites! I use every single color for my eyes, bronzing and blushing. I choose the light/medium option to match my skin tones.
Eye Shimmer – Hands down the Stila brand steals the show on the eye shimmer with their Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow. I use the Kitten Karma color the most, but I also love Rose Gold Retro and Smoldering Satin.
Highlighter – This is one of those products where the packaging caught my eye, but the light shimmer kept me hooked. I love the Diamond Light Multi-Use Diamond Fire Highlighter by Too Faced from Ulta. Tell me if you can look at it and not totally think it’s a “Randa Item!”
Lip Gloss – I have two favorites. The Full On Lip Polish by Buxom, and White Russian is my favorite color. I also really enjoy the Pump It Up Lip Plumper by NYX (only $5) and Lisa is my favorite color because it has shimmer in it. Lisa is also my mother’s name!
Since I wear false lashes, I don’t have a good mascara recommendation to give because I rarely use any mascara. I also only draw my eye liner on with a dark shadow, so that’s why there isn’t an eyeliner recommendation either. Y’all know I like to keep my blog very honest and only share my true opinions/recommendations.
Shop my Beauty Favorites Here:
The following photos show just how much my skin is glowing at 30 years old! I take very, very good care of my skin and hope you enjoyed reading all about my skin regime, recommendations and makeup favorites. It is never too late to start pampering your skin. After all, you’re going to have to wear it every day for the rest of your life! This sequin set is from Forever 21 and is under $70! Hair and Makeup by Versy Picone and Photos taken by GT Studio Gallery!
Shop the Sequin Set and other similar options here: