Workout Top & Leggings from LuluLemon | Puffer Vest from Express (Currently 30% Off Essentials) | Hot Pink Nikes from Dillard’s (They are having a big special occasion dress sale!) | New Lip Color from Millionheir Cosmetics, the color is Brittany!
Hey y’all! So I have been getting a lot of requests for healthy snack and meal options. The meal blog post will take me a little more time to put together, but for now I am going to share my favorite healthy snack options. I’m a total snack’er and it’s so easy to blow the diet with snacks. I feel that when I am really watching what I eat, I can get in my own head and feel like I’m so limited on options. The reality is that there are tons of healthy food options! Sometimes they just take a little prep work or thinking outside of the box. I hope you enjoy getting to read over my personal favorite go-to snacks that fit in perfectly with my healthy lifestyle! I’m only 8 days into my new fitness challenge, and I’m already seeing some minor results!
1. Boiled eggs. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved boiled eggs. I actually prefer the boiled egg whites over the yolk, which is even better! I always have a few boiled eggs ready in the fridge as a snack option. I also love to drizzle them with Mrs. Dash “Southwest Chipotle” seasoning for some extra flavor. Mrs. Dash has tons of yummy seasoning options, and they are lower in sodium than almost all other seasonings. Less sodium = less water weight.
2. Yogurt Parfaits. If I’m out and about and pass a Chi-Fil-A, their greek yogurt parfait with granola is my absolute favorite. The closest I’ve got to mastering this parfait at home is by using Greek God’s brand yogurt (recommended by one of my insta followers). I choose either the Honey Vanilla or just regular Honey. I then cut up strawberries and blueberries and toss in a little granola, much like Chic-Fil-a does. I also like to toss in a little bit of Chia seeds and dried cranberries for extra flavor and fiber.
3. Peanut Butter. If I’m hungrier than normal, sometimes I will just get a spoonful of peanut butter. I also love to dip celery sticks, apple slices or bananas with peanut butter as a quick and easy snack.
4. Bell Peppers with Hummus. I either buy the large bell peppers (red are my favorite and hold the most nutrients) and cut them up, or else I buy the miniature sweet peppers that look like little bell peppers. I enjoy these by themselves, but I really enjoy getting to dip them into Hummus. Spinach/Artichoke or Jalapeño flavored hummus is my personal favorite. I don’t have a certain go-to brand thus far.
5. Cheese (In Moderation). I said in moderation because snacks in general should be in moderation. Remember they are snacks and not a meal. I only eat 2-4 ounces of cheese as a snack throughout the day, so do not overdo it with cheese. I enjoy string cheeses on the go, even though they aren’t quite as healthy. I really enjoy buying different cheeses in block form and cutting them into slices. I love sharp cheddar, mozzarella and pepper jack the most. Sometimes I will layer them on top of flax seed crackers if I am needing to add in some more healthy carbs for the day. I avoid the pre-sliced American cheeses because those are far more processed, plus I don’t really enjoy their taste. I much prefer fresh cheese in block form, but string cheeses can be fast to grab and take on-the-go.
6. Pears. I actually enjoy almost every kind of fruit as a great snack option, but I eat way more veggies than I do fruits to limit my sugar intake. I didn’t eat many pears in years past, but now the amount of fiber they have really encourages me to make them a part of my go-to snack options. If you need a little extra flavor to add in, try sprinkling with some cinnamon or even some Truvia!
7. Birds Eye Veggie Bags. If you follow me on snapchat or instagram, you will see that I post these a lot! I purchase them at Kroger and these little blue bags can go straight into the microwave and be ready in just a few moments. Sometimes I make them my lunch, sometimes they become a dinner side option, and then sometimes if I’m hungry and limited on snack options, I will warm one up and snack away. There is not a flavor I don’t enjoy, but my personal favorites are sea salt & cracked pepper brussel sprouts, sweet pea and mushroom mix, Buffalo cauliflower, garlic parmesan peas, Ranch flavored broccoli, Sriracha green beans, creamed spinach, all of the protein blend options (Asian, California, Hawaiian, Italian, New England, Southwest, Thai and Tuscan), Barley & Kale, Black rice & edamame, quinoa & spinach and chickpeas with spinach. Whew, that’s a lot of options that I really like!
8. Baked sweet potato chips. I will thinly slice up sweet potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. I’ll then bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. If you can slice them thin enough, they almost taste a little like potato chips (but obviously a lot healthier!)
9. Avacado filled with either flax seed or chia seeds. Normally I’ll only eat 1/2 of the avocado at a time. I’ll fill up the center (the hole left from its seed) with either of these small healthy seed options, and that makes for a super healthy and fast snack option!
10. Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds or Coconut Flakes. I normally keep all 3 options in my pantry for a quick grab and go snack idea. The coconut flakes can help curb my sweet tooth, while the almonds and pumpkin seeds can be very filling without eating too many.
Another one I’m going to try super soon is sugar free jello with sugar free cool whip on top!
So my Grandparent’s 60th Anniversary blog will have to wait a little longer to be published since I decided to compile a post that should answer a lot of questions I have been receiving. I enjoy sharing my life in hopes to encourage more awareness of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. I didn’t start my journey until almost 4 years ago! I like to answer all of my readers/followers/fans questions, however I do ask that you check my blog or read my captions on my post. Yesterday more than ever I had multiple questions in a row asking the recipe to my salad I had for lunch while the contents and amounts were typed out and pasted on top of the photo. I know it’s so easy to scroll fast on the internet or social media and not even read, but I put a lot of time and work (away from my primary job and my family) to share all of this content. I don’t mind answering questions, but I respectfully ask that you make sure the answer isn’t already listed right in front of you. I spend much more time in the mornings and every evening answering all of your questions. Grant says he can tell that more of my time is being spent engaging with all of you! As positive and upbeat as I love to be with each of you, receiving multiple questions over and over where the answer is listed right in front of you can drain on me. Y’all know my philosophy is to burn brightly without burning out. So I hope you can all understand my simple request. The genuine questions you have – keep those coming! Just please read my captions and my posts to get so much information that I have already prepared for each of you!
Use that search bar on my blog site, either from a desktop or mobile device to see if I’ve already answered a question you may have!