Bedding (Similar HERE, HERE & HERE) | My Shorts (Similar HERE) and Earrings are from Southern Jewlz (Entire Site is 60% off right now) | My Bodysuit SOLD OUT but similar HERE | My Shoes are Steve Madden from Dillard’s |
Hey everybody. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I loved getting to watch the Royal Wedding for my friend’s birthday. I love how Meghan is confidently and radiantly herself without having to be all made up. I think she is a wonderful role model for our younger generation. In case you missed where our wedding party photo was spotted in a Royal Wedding video, you can catch that post HERE.
I did hurt my wrist pretty badly on Saturday when Grant and I broke a zip line rope and it popped back at me. Thank goodness it isn’t broke and even better it didn’t get my face. I then went to Shreveport on Monday to cheer on my friend Logan (our current Miss Texas) as she competed for Miss USA. She made the Top 15 and Nick Lachey and his wife were the hosts. My friend Ashleigh went with me and we also got to see Lee Brice and 98 Degrees!
My Skirt is from Dillards | Bodysuit (under $30!) from Shein | Shoes are by my girl Jessica Simpson (we totally share the same birthday)
I wanted to share some goals I have set for myself for this Summer. I feel if I write them down, it makes them more tangible and more likely for me to take seriously. I then think once I share publicly, it holds me more accountable to making them happen. So here goes:
- Spend a lot of time focusing on strengthening my marriage with Grant.
- Slow down. I am going to take a little break with Southern Jewlz Boutique and only focus on the high end bikinis I’ve been selling for the Summer. Thus, the entire website of clothes and jewelry is 60% off! Use code “Issa60%OffSale” and shop HERE.
- Continue to go to the gym every morning to get my work day started.
- Continue to encourage others to start living a healthier lifestyle and to maybe even have some join the fitness program!
- Clean and organize my fridge and pantry. Like pinterest level! (I blogged my go-to grocery list last week. Linking it HERE in case you missed it.)
- Keep a spreadsheet of every personal expenditure I make to hold myself accountable on my spending habits. I started this just a few days ago!
- Do a better job of keeping up with my laundry rather than letting it pile up. When I travel, I want to try to unpack as soon as I return home.
- Have some sort of garage sale, even if it’s just online or giving stuff away. We have been in our home for almost 2 years now and I want to rid the house of anything we don’t need or use.
- Do a better job of keeping my email inboxes clean and organized.
- Be a cheerleader for others! Whenever I think of someone, I’ll sent them a sweet text. When I see my friend’s social media posts, I want to like and comment on them. When I see other ladies doing good in our fitness group, I want to continue to encourage them. Compliments and sweet words of encouragement are free to give and go a long way.
- Finish the last few design elements on our home. It seems the last bit has been taking the longest time and requires the final motivation & creativity to get complete.
- Continue to try to be on time (and even early) to places and events to show respect. That means also saying no to more things so I’m not stretched too thin to make this happen.
- Attend Church every Sunday that I’m in town.
- Continue to build trust from my current blog followers and to grow my blog following. I plan to do this through being transparent and authentic.
- Enjoy this life that I’m blessed to live. I want to love hard on my family and friends. Life is so precious and can be taken away or changed in the blink of an eye, so I want to enjoy while I can.
Does anybody else set small goals for themselves? Whether they are new or old, I would love to hear them below. Let’s help encourage each other to be better versions of ourselves!